Sunday, February 10, 2013

Love, love, love is in the air

On Thursday, it will be Valentine's Day 2013!!!! Yes guys, in case you forgot, you have approximately 3.5  more days to purchase your sweetie a gift!! That is if you don't want to be in the dog house for life.....

For those of us who are still single Christians, don't despair....we have the best bridegroom EVER....Jesus Christ!!! I know, for many, this may not  provide much comfort and solace. Some singles get so depressed this time of year because of feelings of loneliness and their constant need to be in a relationship with someone; ANYONE.

Listen, I have been a divorcee for many years and trust me, there have been many times, where I wished that Valentine's Day would come and go very quickly! Every year I would grow weary witnessing my colleagues receiving bouquets and/or gifts at work and either going to lunch or dinner later with their significant others. I would actually feel the jealousy rising within me. Then I would remember reading in 1st Corinthians 13...that "love is NOT jealous". This verse is teaching me that if I LOVE my colleagues then I should NOT be jealous of their happiness or contentment in their relationships. I should be rejoicing with them actually...

Another thing that I have realized is that God does not want me to settle for less than His best. There are too many unfulfilling and unhappy relationships out there including a soaring divorce rate. So I would much rather wait on God's best for me. Someone with whom I'm equally yoked.

Now I am not going to say that it's easy watching my friends in relationships and not wondering what's the holdup with God! However, what works for me is LESS focus on loneliness and MORE enjoyment with the life that God has blessed me. I go out with my friends and family to the movies, concerts, the beach, get-togethers, dinners etc. Then when nothing is happening  I either sleep, watch television or blog about my life...LOL!!!

So as I mentioned before, don't despair! God has not forgotten about us. He just wants what's best for both us and our potential mates. Be patient! It will be worth the wait!!!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment