Sunday, February 3, 2013

Condemnation to Acceptance

"So those who are believers in Christ Jesus can no longer be condemned"-Romans 8:1 (God's Word Translation)

I love this translation of this verse because it does not leave any room for ambiguity. If you have made the decision to surrender your entire life to Christ, you should not feel condemned anymore. We have been delivered and set free by the blood and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Yet many of us Christians struggle with condemnation, despite what the Word says.

The thing is, God loves us regardless of what we say or do. For some of us who were blessed with loving and nurturing parents, we know that in spite of anything that we do or say, we are still loved. Our parents maybe disappointed by some of our choices, but the bottom line, is that we KNOW that we are loved. I was one of those children who was blessed with loving parents. My father did not show love via affection, but through providing for my needs and wants. My mother, on the other hand, was affectionate. She would dote on and spend quality time with me. For those of you who were not as fortunate as I was to be raised by loving parents, God wants to be Your Father and take care of You. Take a chance on Him, He will not disappoint!!

Yet in spite of my upbringing, I still struggle with those feelings of condemnation. Then one day a light bulb went off in my mind. That is when I realized that I was relying on my feelings instead of the fact that I am loved by God. Feelings are fickle, but facts are unwavering. Once I meditated on that revelation, I did not doubt that I was fully accepted and loved by God!! That was such a liberating and freeing experience!

When I share my flaws/mistakes with God, a burden is lifted. God knows about our mistakes before we even confess them to Him. However confession or coming clean fosters an intimate and transparent relationship between ourselves and Him. That's ALL that He wants; an intimate relationship with His creation.

Next time you feel condemned, meditate on this verse in Romans 8:1!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment